Wednesday 24 November 2010

November • Simple dresses and princess seams



I've always been of the idea that the fabric is what MAKES THE DRESS. Now I have evidence of that. I came across these beautiful dresses just now, they are created by dora_s_mora and they are so cute! The pattern is simple, the fabrics are lovely...I can't wait to make one!

I really like the way the corset is made. Instead of having darts to shape it (and I am not a big fan of darts), I found a couple of good tutorials on how to create princess seams from darts. The first one is from the Burda website and the second one is from the rostitchery blog which is worth a visit!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable dresses. I love princess seams, I use to make that instead of darts too, because it's both easier and looks better I think!

    ReplyDelete