Thursday 17 February 2011

screenprinting frenzy









Screenprinting ROCKS! I had so much fun screenprinting my owl doily yesterday! I started out by printing just a white stencil of the face of the owl on different coloured paper, when the ink was dry I screenprinted the doily on top with red paint! I love it, so much fun.

I was invited by Chiu to join the BIAD print club for a few sessions, the atmosphere was so inspiring and lively! Also everyone seem to know what their fair bit about screenprinting which makes it such a great place to learn and collaborate.

PHOTOS:

1. the cut out stencil for the first print layer (the owl face)

2. the owl face printed on different coloured paper

3. Rubbing the emulsion off the screen (the doily is coming to life!)

4. tracing the doily on Mark Resist paper with Kimoto Pake pen

5. Chiu explaining the coating process

No comments:

Post a Comment